bedding?

maddie.hawks

Location (City and/or State)
Hampton, London
hi guys,
i know some of you may not like me due to me saying about my dog and tortoise, however i keep them separate now, and won’t let them near each other now. I was just wandering what bedding you use? i am redoing titches enclosure as he didn’t have much in tehre and i will be doing a before and after, when i’m finished. i have hay inside his house which he sleeps in. he has grass and soil all around his enclosure and he also has play sand, i have read many different pages saying that it’s good, and then another one saying it is awful and you should never have it. it’s only a tray so i can get rid of it. but i was wondering what i should use for his bedding and what i should use as a substrate on the floor outside? many thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
hi guys,
i know some of you may not like me due to me saying about my dog and tortoise, however i keep them separate now, and won’t let them near each other now. I was just wandering what bedding you use? i am redoing titches enclosure as he didn’t have much in tehre and i will be doing a before and after, when i’m finished. i have hay inside his house which he sleeps in. he has grass and soil all around his enclosure and he also has play sand, i have read many different pages saying that it’s good, and then another one saying it is awful and you should never have it. it’s only a tray so i can get rid of it. but i was wondering what i should use for his bedding and what i should use as a substrate on the floor outside? many thanks
Please understand that we don't dislike you at all. Just the opposite. Our only concern is for the well being of your tortoise. We argue with you because we've all seen so many tortoises chewed up by loving friendly family dogs, and the people NEVER thought their dog would do such a thing. That's all.

I use the native dirt in my outside enclosures. A tray of sand does nothing beneficial and poses serious risks. It is a potential skin and eye irritant and can also cause intestinal blockages. I'd remove that ASAP.

Hay inside the house is okay, as long as it remains dry.