Bella is LOST :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
She climbed out of her enclosure. We have HUGE back yard all fenced in and I don't "think" she is out of the yard but we have searched everywhere, ran an add in the local paper...that's how we got the Turtle we have now (see other post "HELP what have we found") someone thought they had found Bella. Any idea on how to find her. She is an adorable and very much loved Russian Tortoise.

We live in Winslow AZ

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
LadyV said:
She climbed out of her enclosure. We have HUGE back yard all fenced in and I don't "think" she is out of the yard but we have searched everywhere, ran an add in the local paper...that's how we got the Turtle we have now (see other post "HELP what have we found") someone thought they had found Bella. Any idea on how to find her. She is an adorable and very much loved Russian Tortoise.

We live in Winslow AZ

Have u checked for dig sites? She could have dug down and back filled. I hope u find her soon.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
Yes....we keep looking daily...I am just sick about this. I miss her so much!!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I hope you find her. Have you asked close neighbors to be on the look out and put up flyers?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If she is still in your yard put out some of her favorite food. watch for the best basking spots, the ones that look the warmest. She should come out early morning to warm up that would probably be your best time to find her. Letting all your neighbors know would be a good idea .

She might have also dug down.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
We have talked to all our neighbors, put an add in the local "newspaper" there is no real newspaper here, it is called "The Scoop" and comes out 3 days a week....literally everyone reads it as it is the only one here...that's how I ended up today with the box turtle...someone called and had found him walking down the sidewalk and called me from seeing the add...he looks to be in rough shape (see other post of mine, "HELP, what have we found") I am just worried sick about her...I have had her for about 4 years and I always hand feed her..she is very spoiled and loved. We just moved to this house about 3 weeks ago and had built a new enclose for her

M

Maggie Cummings

I always recommend that you get down on your hands and knees and look for her from a tortoise level. When you are down like that things look very different. It's a whole different prospective. You will see small places holes and burrows you wouldn't see from standing up. She is probably dug in getting ready to hibernate. I lost a box turtle one summer and found him the next spring as he came up from hibernation. So the moral of that story is to never give up.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
Will she be OK in this weather? It's gets cold here. We are in the northern part AZ...it gets down 14 and below and snows here....I'm so worried about her!!!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
do you have any Ravens or hawks flying around where you live?
Raccoons at night?
That is pretty cold.. depends on where she dug down. how deep and if its wet or dry.
Hope you fine her...
how cold has it been lately? Mine has slowed down a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.