Bermuda grass for my sulcata

Jaci

Hi! :)
I just recently started to grow my own weeds in my tortoise enclosed and I wanted to also start with bermuda grass. I went to Lowes and bought Sta-Green Bermuda grass. When I opened the package, the seeds came out bright green as if they're stained. It kinda sketched me out so I'm holding off until I found out if they're safe enough to plant. Does anyone know if this is okay or if I should pass on it?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I would not use hardware store seeds that are purchase for a lawn. The sellers and makers of those products do not intend for them to be eaten, so they put all sorts of wierd stuff in it.

Get some seeds that are meant for animal consumption, like from a feed store. I get my seeds at groworganic.com. They sell a premium irrigated pasture mix for horses that is second to none. I've grown it side by side with other grass mixes and it outperforms all of them as far as yield, growth rate, bulk and hardiness.

Jaci

Sweet! Thank you so much for the help. I'll do that instead! :)

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I ran into that with WalMart seed , I opened it and saw that the seeds were coated with some blue stuff ! :mad: