Best plants?

Violanna

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So I tried putting a grow light in my sealed enclosure and it wasn’t good enough my outdoor plants couldn’t handle the humidity and started to rot. I had to take them out and put them outside in hopes they will make a comeback at least to be used as food.
My pothos however is thriving! So what are your favorite potted plants for a sealed enclosure? Need things that can handle the high humidity and just a tube grow lamp for UV

My yard is over grown with spider plants I could dig up if that will work. I tried to cut them down when we moved it but the all grew back, so it’s all fresh growth.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
So I tried putting a grow light in my sealed enclosure and it wasn’t good enough my outdoor plants couldn’t handle the humidity and started to rot. I had to take them out and put them outside in hopes they will make a comeback at least to be used as food.
My pothos however is thriving! So what are your favorite potted plants for a sealed enclosure? Need things that can handle the high humidity and just a tube grow lamp for UV

My yard is over grown with spider plants I could dig up if that will work. I tried to cut them down when we moved it but the all grew back, so it’s all fresh growth.
Pathos and spider do well. I start tortoise seed mix in old plastic pots and once it gets a few inches high I turn the pot on it’s side to make it available to eat. I find if it grows too tall it burns out cause I can’t change the height of the bulb which is the key. For starting plants from seed our light height is right but as they mature the light needs to further away and that is how we kill?.

nicoleann2214

NY

Spider plants! My fav.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Honestly weeds are the best. Herbie has “cats ears”, dandelions, different grasses and more.
I go the back yard pull few weed plant it. He nibbles on leaves whenever he feels like it.
Most of the time he finishes is them in few days. The rest I throw away or leave and they keep regrowing.
this way I know it’s safe and free.
Also for grasses I just put a mix of seeds cover it up and within few days he has fresh grass mix - usually different wheat types.0200C1C1-D4EA-4326-BF84-0938CB770A61.jpegB82F92DA-2A08-4C6F-9110-A96B0D3D729E.jpeg

solidsounds17

Inglewood, Ca
Honestly weeds are the best. Herbie has “cats ears”, dandelions, different grasses and more.
I go the back yard pull few weed plant it. He nibbles on leaves whenever he feels like it.
Most of the time he finishes is them in few days. The rest I throw away or leave and they keep regrowing.
Also for grasses I just put a mix of seeds cover it up and within few days he has fresh grass mix - usually different wheat types.View attachment 310716View attachment 310717
What soil are you using?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Also for grasses I just put a mix of seeds cover it up and within few days he has fresh grass mix - usually different wheat types.View attachment 310716View attachment 310717
At first I thought you were growing weeds from seed in your enclosure! That would be master gardener level since weeds are so hard to grow when you want them too! Just pushing them into the substrate let’s them get water and stuff good till eaten!?

AgataP

Seattle, WA
At first I thought you were growing weeds from seed in your enclosure! That would be master gardener level since weeds are so hard to grow when you want them too! Just pushing them into the substrate let’s them get water and stuff good till eaten!?

Yes they can be pain in the butt I managed to grow some but too much work. My friend has one of the hydroponic gardens so sometimes we start the seeds there. Also now after Herbie ate the plants all the way down few actually rooted nicely and starting to regrow.