Best type tortoise for Arizona climate

Cali tortoise

Hello my sister lives Arizona and is looking to get a tortoise what is best type for Arizona climate

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello my sister lives Arizona and is looking to get a tortoise what is best type for Arizona climate

Adjustments will need to be made when keeping any species outside of its native range and habitat, but generally any of the Testudo will do well there, as well as leopards, sulcatas, stars and pancakes.

The species that would require the most time effort and money to keep there would be the species that require constant high humidity, like Aldabras or Red foots.

I'm speaking only of outdoor living large juveniles and adults here. Indoors in a proper enclosure, babies of any species can be kept anywhere.

Cali tortoise

Adjustments will need to be made when keeping any species outside of its native range and habitat, but generally any of the Testudo will do well there, as well as leopards, sulcatas, stars and pancakes.

The species that would require the most time effort and money to keep there would be the species that require constant high humidity, like Aldabras or Red foots.

I'm speaking only of outdoor living large juveniles and adults here. Indoors in a proper enclosure, babies of any species can be kept anywhere.
Thank you I will let her know.