Big Enough Enclosure?

Jennifer M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Georgia
So my RF is a little over 5" and she lives outside. Her enclosure is 13' long and 3' wide. Is this big enough for her? If you look at the picture, she's inside the part with the lattice covering. I definitely have room to expand her enclosure, just not sure if it's time yet. Thoughts? 20190503_175032.jpeg20190407_160501.jpeg20190407_114644.jpeg

MillerJ

MN
I can't see the photos. Tried mobile and desktop.

MillerJ

MN
Size should be fine for a 5" but I don't keep redfoots. I'm sure someone that keeps them will chime in at some point.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Looks great to me, when can I move in :) Only thing I would do is several hides. My RF likes multiple hides.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It should be fine for a while. It seems that RF grow slow to me, compared to all my others.
Can we see the enclosure?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, she's so pretty!

The only problem I see is the sagging lattice. If a cat decides to get on that to sleep, I can see it falling into the pen and the tortoise maybe using it to escape. Can you think of a way to prop up the center?

Jennifer M

5 Year Member
South Georgia
Aw, she's so pretty!

The only problem I see is the sagging lattice. If a cat decides to get on that to sleep, I can see it falling into the pen and the tortoise maybe using it to escape. Can you think of a way to prop up the center?
Good idea! I will prop the center.