Big flaw in my outdoor enclosure! FIXED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Asked my friend to add the wood barriers while I dig a hole for their hide. He said it was done and he put the torts into the enclosure. I decided to take a break from digging and I saw my Yellowfoot heading toward a corner. I decided to just watch and he was headed to a poorly blocked area my friend made. The yellow climed his way almost out into the golf course or into the sulcata enclosure. I fixed that weak spot but I just want to show you my Yellowfoot's failed prison break :)

image-1780678529.png

image-3849286784.png

Here is the lesson. MAKE SURE EVERY PART OF YOUR ENCLOSURE IS SAFE AND TORTOISE ESCAPE PROOF!!!!

It was cool seeing that tortoises can be like monkeys though :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That seems to be the thing with tortoises. If you miss a spot, they for sure won't. Glad you caught him:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tortoises seem to have radar for finding weak spots. Plus I am simply amazed at how good they can climb. Looks like with those shells they should be awkward at it, but that just is not so. Glad you caught him before he got far.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Found my yellow in another random place. Tangled up within the apple plant. He would... I always get an anxiety attack every time he disappears

-Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.