bindweed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemzisace

5 Year Member
morning,
i have noticed that a few on here say that bindweed is toxic for tortoises, i was under the impression it was ok for them as part of a varied diet :0/

could anyone help me with a list of what i should include in a varied diet as i am getting confused

thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what species you have. However, you can look on the tortoisetable.org for edible plant and weed items.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Bindweed is kind of a familiar/generic term for many things. If you are referring to morning glory, it's toxic. It grows like crazy around here.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
yagyujubei said:
Bindweed is kind of a familiar/generic term for many things. If you are referring to morning glory, it's toxic. It grows like crazy around here.

So very true of these plants and so man others. :( Now if your talking the "real" field bindweed, I do feed that to my Russians and sulcatas and they love it.

redbeef

5 Year Member
This is why it's at least useful to know some of the latin names as well as the common names in order to avoid confusion

gemzisace

5 Year Member
i have been using the tortoise table site and its been useful, still getting used to what certain plants look like and what is best as a varied diet

Status
Not open for further replies.