Black Leo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Has any one seen the black Leo on kingsnake for sale ?It's yesterdays post from Chris Estep what do you think? have you seen any that dark before? :) I cant figure out how to post the link here:(

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
here are the pics when the link doesn't work anymore...

n1bdbq.jpg

1zbz475.jpg

2ikxnuv.jpg

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I always thought that was how they were supposed to be.. like those Dino's... you never see a smooth one in zoos that are older.. good thing we are learning...

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I agree, if this leopard was not pyramided..it would be stunning. I go on kingsnake.com everyday...And I feel tortoises sold on the site are unwanted pets. Rarely are there high quality animals for sale on the site..

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have never found that to be true. In fact, 8 of my chelonians where purchased from Kingsnake ads, and all of them are quality animals.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
K/S is like anything else. Some great stuff some crap and alot of middle of the road stuff. It's all about who you buy from. There are also some wonderful breeders that just can't take a good pic to save their life.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A local reptile store near me had some that looked close to that. They were definitely darker but it looked like someone had taken an eraser to them and rubbed out some of the color on them.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
The pyramiding ruins it for sure but I like how dark it is.To bad it would have been an awesome looking tort:(

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I would like to see quality sub adults to full grown adults on the site for sale. The majority are babies....but I guess no one would sell there breeders. How does the shipping work??? I know its next day..but do they come in a regular cardboard boxes?? if you can ship a 100lbs plus tortoise, does that mean I can ship my self to China??? hahahaha.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Az tortoise compound said:
How much did they want? Male or female? Just curious....

The ad is gone he must have sold it he wanted $600 I think it was a male

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Tortuga_terrestre said:
RE: Black Leo?
I agree, if this leopard was not pyramided..it would be stunning. I go on kingsnake.com everyday...And I feel tortoises sold on the site are unwanted pets. Rarely are there high quality animals for sale on the site..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see quality sub adults to full grown adults on the site for sale. The majority are babies....but I guess no one would sell there breeders. How does the shipping work??? I know its next day..but do they come in a regular cardboard boxes?? if you can ship a 100lbs plus tortoise, does that mean I can ship my self to China??? hahahaha.

Ummm you have No clue .. do you ? ( before making goofy statements and possibly misleading someone reading your ideals .. you should do your research a little more.......and yea \... I could ship ya to china .. no problem! ( if ya can hold your breath that long !) ...
This would be a more accurate statement =
Posted by Az tortoise compound - Today 03:30 PM
K/S is like anything else. Some great stuff some crap and alot of middle of the road stuff. It's all about who you buy from. There are also some wonderful breeders that just can't take a good pic to save their life.

JD~:)

Keep in mind .... if you want quality stuff you gotta pay for it ....!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I think I'd still buy it. Maybe not for that much, but if I had some $ to kick around that jet black color is more rare than the snow white leopards I think.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I just got off the phone with Chris (the seller) he was on his way to the airport but said he would shoot me some more pics when he gets home, I'll post them here if anyone is interested. Its still for sale. He thinks it might be one produced by his sister a few yars back. I think its hit or miss on kingsnake, in fact there are some reputable breeders that are contributors on this forum who advertise there.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
I really like the darker coloration. Do have to agree with everyone who wasn't turned on by the pyramiding, but still really cool looking.

I'm hoping Tico will keep some darker color, I think they look really sharp when not to washed out with the lighter coloring.

Would love to see more pics if you get them Onarock...

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
kyryah said:
I have never found that to be true. In fact, 8 of my chelonians where purchased from Kingsnake ads, and all of them are quality animals.

Different strokes for different folks.

My least attractive tortoise and of least quality was obtained from kingsnake... also at a higher price than my tortoises....and from a very reputable breeder.

On a side note, some of the highest quality animals are offered on kingsnake because sometimes you can get more money for your animal on kingsnake than other classifieds. And also some of the highest quality animals never need to be advertised and are exchanged in a very tight circle. Checking kingsnake periodically can turn up some good deals and great looking animals since you never know when someone needs to sell animals due to an emergency.

Getting off topic....that dark leopard is attractive and would make an interesting breeding program. The pyramiding isn't good, but if I were going to do a black leopard breeding program... I would pick up that animal.

That being said....leopards are boring to me though they are pretty.

Different strokes for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.