Blind tort part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
I am so angry.I saw the owner of widget today and old him a little white lie,Saying that it would be expensive and lengthy treatment,and he said, His exact words were, "I dont care im not paying to much money as its not worth it my uncle has loads of them, it will have to stay blind".I am absolutley gutted, I did say that if he gave me the tort i would cover all costs.so hes thinking about it.:(

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Let's pray he does give it you for the little torts sake...some people, unbelievable!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well unfortunatly a lot of people think of turtles and tortoises as disposable (I think I spelled that wrong) pets.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Some people should not own pets. Let’s hope he lets you have her and pray he doesn’t get another one.

M

Maggie Cummings

I think you should tell him it died and is gone...he does not deserve those tortoises. Grrr, it's frustrating to me and I keep wanting you to send me the tort I do so good with blind animals...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
She could probably lose her job if she tells him it died and he finds out and then complains to the vet.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I cant tell him it died because he said if it dies he wants the shell back to make an ashtray.her sight is fully returned but i feel so sorry for her,I found out her substate was/is sand.He really does not care.Pray that he lets me have her please..:(

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
An ashtray?!?! What a PIG. No, pig isn't a strong enough word, but being a family forum I can't go there...

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
bikerchicspain said:
I cant tell him it died because he said if it dies he wants the shell back to make an ashtray.her sight is fully returned but i feel so sorry for her,I found out her substate was/is sand.He really does not care.Pray that he lets me have her please..:(

Well then tell him you had it in an outside pen and it was stolen. It can't go back to this shleprock. And if you don't want to lie than tell him he can have it back but you're alerting animal control that he is inhumane to animals.

And then find someone to beat his a**.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
ask him if he is willing to sell it?

how much and maybe we can raise the money for it

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I think Terra is on to something. I can't do much, but I would be more than willing to pitch in a bit to save this girl. The condition she was in and her owner's attitude is SICK.

My paypal is at the ready.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Count me in to contribute toward the purchase of the blind tortoise...but you have to let me send the previous owner a note along with the check! ;)

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Thanks guys,Your the best. I will find out whats happening on thursday so wish us luck!!

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Gosh, I don't even know the full story and maybe I don't want to. : ( I would be more than thrilled to make a donation to keep that tort out of that monsters hands !

ReptileBuddies

5 Year Member
Count me in for a donation if it comes to that! :) I've been reading this story and it makes me sad...torts are such beautiful creatures with wonderful personalities...and this guy just doesn't even care. :(

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'M IN - Just let me know when and who to when sending donations! we also need to stop this horrible person getting their hands on any more torts - what about sending a petition (and reporting him) to animal welfare people, and the person giving him them as they don't care either! don't know what you have in place there?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Personally I would not offer this clown money.
1. The more interest you show in this tortoise is going to make him feel that it is a special tortoise, and that will make him want it back even more, or....
2. You said he gets these tortoises for free from his uncle. He'll just keep obtaining these tortoises, driving them to the brink of death, then selling them to you.

Tell him the tortoise died and its shell crumbled apart from malnutrition. He not only doesn't get it back but he loses out on his ashtray as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.