bloating in the intestines of a leopard tortoise and other problems

SonyaSofi

Location (City and/or State)
Kyiv, Ukraine
This is a video from the first day we arrived home. I was confused about how he was breathing. the doctor said that it felt like something was pressing inside, possibly bloating of the intestines due to parasites. but let him be at home and adapt.

This video was yesterday before going to another doctor. based on this video and x-ray, she said that it was the gases in the intestines that were pressing and that less fresh leaves should be given, more dry ones

but this strange sound from the jaw happens after a walk and rarely at home. the doctor said that everything is fine with the beak and it’s most likely sand rubbing there or calcium powder
@wellington @Tom @Yvonne G please take a look when you have time

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The first two videos look very normal to me. The head move kinda in and out a little is normal and head bobbing.
The third video with the noise, sounds like beak/mouth rubbing to me. Beak is fine
Remove the hay though. They shouldn't have hay as a substrate and they should not be feeding hay at that age. If you want to try to feed hay, it should be cut into tiny pieces and soaked.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is a video from the first day we arrived home. I was confused about how he was breathing. the doctor said that it felt like something was pressing inside, possibly bloating of the intestines due to parasites. but let him be at home and adapt.

This video was yesterday before going to another doctor. based on this video and x-ray, she said that it was the gases in the intestines that were pressing and that less fresh leaves should be given, more dry ones

but this strange sound from the jaw happens after a walk and rarely at home. the doctor said that everything is fine with the beak and it’s most likely sand rubbing there or calcium powder
That is normal breathing. Tortoises don't have a diaphragm like mammals do, so they move there head and neck like that for breathing.

SonyaSofi

Kyiv, Ukraine
The first two videos look very normal to me. The head move kinda in and out a little is normal and head bobbing.
The third video with the noise, sounds like beak/mouth rubbing to me. Beak is fine
Remove the hay though. They shouldn't have hay as a substrate and they should not be feeding hay at that age. If you want to try to feed hay, it should be cut into tiny pieces and soaked.
Thanks a lot! hay in the box, I take the turtle with me in the car for a 10-minute drive to the park. she never tried to eat it