Blue Tongue Skink breeder

Nolan1992

I am currently looking for a good Blue Tongue Skink breeder. I can't find any :( I am located in Florida.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
bluetongueskinks.net

There are great breeders on those forums. Great lizards, btw.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
You should join the forums. Great people there and you can learn a lot. I have an elderly skink. I've had him over 14 years and he was a full grown adult when I got him. So I'm not sure on exact age, just old! Who did you send an email to?

Nolan1992

You should join the forums. Great people there and you can learn a lot. I have an elderly skink. I've had him over 14 years and he was a full grown adult when I got him. So I'm not sure on exact age, just old! Who did you send an email to?
Hey Lisa, late getting back to you on this. I sent it to the websites contact, but I didn't get a reply. I actually think I might wait until August for the National Reptiles Breeders Expo in Daytona because conveniently, I live in Daytona. Thank you for the help though! I also plan on joining the forums as well.

Nolan1992

I missed this thread somehow.

We have a FANTASTIC BTS breeder right here on the forum! His username is Jeff G. He is one of the top breeders in the country and he is a great guy on top of that. Here is a thread I did on mine a few years ago:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-blue-tongue-skink.30188/

Tom, I am thinking of getting a baby like you did. How large was the enclosure you started him in? And also, how fast did he grow?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I start mine in 24"x24" tanks and then go up from there. I prefer coco chips as a substrate too. They can hit maturity in a year, but I feed mine more moderately. Growth will also slow if you do a winter cooling period, which I think is a good idea.

There is a ton of good info and very helpful people over on the BTS forum that can help give you all the details on this. Jeff is the best resource I have found. He can help you through all the details too.

Nolan1992

I start mine in 24"x24" tanks and then go up from there. I prefer coco chips as a substrate too. They can hit maturity in a year, but I feed mine more moderately. Growth will also slow if you do a winter cooling period, which I think is a good idea.

There is a ton of good info and very helpful people over on the BTS forum that can help give you all the details on this. Jeff is the best resource I have found. He can help you through all the details too.

Awesome, noticed these guys a few months ago and have been pressed on getting one, can't wait.