Bob poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I chuckle when I read a newbie saying he can hardly wait for his small Sulcata to get to be as big as Bob. 2 months ago he was 65 pounds. We weighed him at the Vets when we micro-chipped him. He was 65 pounds then so he is 70 pounds or more now. This is an example of what you have to look forward to...this is a one day collection of Bob poop. It is more moist then normal and I don't see any hay strands in it like there should be. But it's nice well formed poop that doesn't have a bad smell to it. I personally think Sulcata poop smells like elephants at the Zoo. I put my shoe there for size reference. It still doesn't look in the picture as much as it is...but get a shovel ready because you're gonna need it...

161x93b.jpg

I pulled out the grape leafs from the first picture. That's the bucket I use to put it in. I collect it all day then bury it in my fertilizer pile. I used it last year and got BIG flowers. Bob poop makes great fertilizer...
34ypw0y.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow Maggie, that is a lot of poop, I heard a lot of people using it as a fertilizer, and I heard it was a great one :D.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh boy!! Oh boy!! Another poop picture!!! Us tortoise keepers DO love talking about and looking at poop!

Yvonne

(What a strange lot of creatures are we)

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Oh My!!! I love my small itty bitty poop from Charlie! I can't imagine cleaning that amount of poop up every day! God Bless!!!:)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Wow you sure should show that to owners wanting to get a baby Sulcata! Awesome. Trevor poops about one or two raisin size poops a day lol.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
We pick up that much every day too, but it's much smaller since Ralph is only 18 pounds.

Can you put the poop in a composter? I don't see why we couldn't but I'm asking just in case. I'm assuming if it can be used for fertilizer, why not in the composter with all the other stuff.

M

Maggie Cummings

I have a spot at the side of my yard where I put kitchen waste and Bob poop. I stir it up every other day or so. It's chock full of worms. Whenever I plant something new or I have a plant that's not doing so good I put a couple of shovels full at the base of the plant. I really swear by Bob poop. I have seen sickly plants do a complete turn around after getting a boost from Bob poop. So you might call that spot compost...it has all the ingredients of compost.

emysemys said:
Oh boy!! Oh boy!! Another poop picture!!! Us tortoise keepers DO love talking about and looking at poop!

Yvonne

(What a strange lot of creatures are we)
Yer so silly!!!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
OH MY HAT !!!!! Bob has some serious bowel movements Maggs !!! LOL. WOW. To think that I barely even see Tallula's from time to time, and you gotta clean up a pile like THAT! PHEW. At least you get some serious free fertilizer LOL.

shelber10

10 Year Member!
long island NY
Thats a lot of Poo:p i dont like it either my sulcata is 40 pounds and it poops all over my yard and i have to clean it up its annoying

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HUgging Waldo and thanking him for having tiny poops.. That I hardley ever see.. lol.. Darn Bob is like having a small horse... Does it wash away in the rain or you have to pick it up daily?

M

Maggie Cummings

It has to be picked up daily. Those are turds he poops out all thru the day. He doesn't poop it all out at once. That's one days collection. And it's not gross and it doesn't smell bad...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well.....................I can't stop laughing! So far Pio's poop is the size of half my index finger. This is the funniest thread......Maybe I could make a little compost heap with Pio's poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.