Bob

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I took over 2000 pictures trying for the best shot for the calendar. I have 5000 pictures stored in my computer that are unposed and great, but they don't have enough megapixels for Josh. I had to borrow my sons expensive camera and follow Bob around trying to get a picture of him doing something interesting. But as life will have it, he didn't do anything interesting but try to bite Queenie's head off

2hd1ut1.jpg

I am a very proud tortoise keeper and I think Bob is an exceptional looking tortoise, so I had the hella time trying to decide which of the pictures I took would be the best for the calendar. But I am extremely indecisive. My family and friends are all sick to death of me making them look at Bob pictures. So because I took so many and some were simply beautiful I decided to share some of the pictures with you. So here's some pictures of Bob while he is doing nothing...

24ux3yx.jpg

oops! That's not Bob, it's Maks...
w188yh.jpg

sepoqo.jpg

wtj9n8.jpg

k1f21s.jpg

2cpu9f8.jpg

avl7hg.jpg

152j1hi.jpg

beghsm.jpg

I guess that's enough for now. Can you tell I think Bob is the best looking Sulcata there is? How can he breathe with all that squash shoved up his nose???I am so proud, I hope you have enjoyed looking at these pictures...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
well if you are looking for suggestions I like the one with squash on his face, and I also like the one where he looks like he is coming out of the shed, which I presume is his home.

S

Scooter

Great pictures Maggie, I always look forward to seeing Bob!

M

Maggie Cummings

dmmj said:
well if you are looking for suggestions I like the one with squash on his face, and I also like the one where he looks like he is coming out of the shed, which I presume is his home.

I thought about the squash face too, but I finally made what I think is a good choice...go check it out and tell me what you think...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D that squash picture is so great! :D :D Bob is a handsome fella, but I think you should also show us more Queenie pictures. I just love her shell.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Maggie, no one here ever gets tired of Bob pictures. I LOVE the one you picked for the contest.....but.....that squash picture....now THAT one IS Bob.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Soooo cute pictures :D Bob and Queenie are beautiful and Max is adorable!
Thanks for sharing!

M

Maggie Cummings

Yipes! You guys are making me scared that I didn't chose the squash face shot. He does have watermelon slime on his face in the calendar shot. Suppose Josh would let me change it???

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Outstanding Maggie...I think the shot of him with pumpkin all over his face is a riot; the shot of him eating his salad and getting caught in mid-blink is priceless; but the shot of him going for the guillotine on Queenie is your calendar shot!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
He is beautiful. Queenie has a very pretty shell. I would love to see her face.
I tried to do a tortoise photo shoot today, its not easy. I don't think I got any good pix.

M

Maggie Cummings

maggie3fan said:
Yipes! You guys are making me scared that I didn't chose the squash face shot. He does have watermelon slime on his face in the calendar shot. Suppose Josh would let me change it???

I believe I have chosen the best picture...heaven knows I have stressed about it and fretted over it and worried about it enough...So enough! I have picked a picture that shows his sweet ornery face and great personality the best...:p

chadk

10 Year Member!
I think you picked the best one. May want to avoid the pics of the two torts - don't want anyone thinking that mixing speicies is a good idea or anything...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks for the Bob pics, I have missed him. I love the squash face too.

M

Maggie Cummings

chadk said:
I think you picked the best one. May want to avoid the pics of the two torts - don't want anyone thinking that mixing speicies is a good idea or anything...

Yea I know. I thought hard about it as I am always the first one to lecture about mixing species. But it was the only action shot in all those pictures. AND, I really liked it. The picture I picked shows his face with watermelon juice on it so I am also guilty of feeding fruit after I tell newbies that fruit is a no no. So I guess I am also guilty of being a hypocrite...I'm hoping no one notices...:p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Angi said:
I tried to do a tortoise photo shoot today, its not easy. I don't think I got any good pix.

You can't see her face, for Bob has certainly bitten it off by now :D

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
bob is magnificent. I like the squash pic, but think any pic of bob will do well.

teri

M

Maggie Cummings

DeanS said:
Angi said:

You can't see her face, for Bob has certainly bitten it off by now :D

Bob and Queenie don't actually live together, she lives in a tort table in his shed. I just put them together to take pictures. He would certainly hurt her, he's pretty aggressive...

Status
Not open for further replies.