Bowsers Walks- video update!

SamAnn

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Maryland

Bowser is getting stronger! We decided not to put the wheelchair together because he is actually getting stronger everyday! He is dragging himself farther and since we started walking him in the hammock sling he can actually pick himself up a bit to move around! He is a bit constipated, I read on another post that aloe plants and pumpkin will help. I'm also going to extend the length of his warm baths to see if that helps. He has so much more energy now compared to just a few weeks ago. I expected his progress to be slow, so far he is improving with leaps and bounds! He is eating everyday now where before he would pick every so often. I'm still struggling to get the calcium and vits in him but he is clearly getting it somehow. I think going the extra mile to make sure the UVB was the EXACT height really helped. Also, Iv given up on our vet!

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA

Bowser is getting stronger! We decided not to put the wheelchair together because he is actually getting stronger everyday! He is dragging himself farther and since we started walking him in the hammock sling he can actually pick himself up a bit to move around! He is a bit constipated, I read on another post that aloe plants and pumpkin will help. I'm also going to extend the length of his warm baths to see if that helps. He has so much more energy now compared to just a few weeks ago. I expected his progress to be slow, so far he is improving with leaps and bounds! He is eating everyday now where before he would pick every so often. I'm still struggling to get the calcium and vits in him but he is clearly getting it somehow. I think going the extra mile to make sure the UVB was the EXACT height really helped. Also, Iv given up on our vet!

SamAnn, this made me so happy I got teary :) He looks like he certainly has some exploring to do! :<3:

I think you all are just awesome :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
More activity will also help his constipation problem.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Looking great!
I found grating some cucumber to a pulp helped my tort with constipation - it seemed to work quicker if mushy

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
So glad to hear he's doing better and actually getting around slowly and getting stronger by the day -- baby steps and TLC! Love the video, so heartwarming :)