Created a butternut squash Hermann Monster. sigh....

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
My 3 month old Hermann Tortoise, Ormond, it addicted to butternut squash. Well, it isn't good for him to eat everyday so today he didn't get it. He did eat a bit of Mazuri and some kale but he seemed to just endlessly be looking for squash. He sampled a few things and was not impressed. Now he has taken himself off to bed, the little brat.

Do you think he will eventually forget his obsession??? I don't want to starve him but I can't feed him it everyday. Dear me.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
Haha! That's cute! My reds are crazy about it too. I cut mine in cubes and blanche it then portion the cubes in baggies in the freezer so I have ready to eat portions in the freezer.

You could always cut it finely and mix it into other foods to get them to eat other stuff. ;) that's what I do.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Yep, I have a russian that only wants radicchio and will rip her enclosure up to find it. :)

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
Oh dear... do you just end up giving her the radicchio? I'm so worried he is going to get sick not eating enough variety. Even when I mix it with weeds he eats around it. sigh.