Butternut squash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello all

I have read butternut squash were good for tortoises. Hermy (a Hermann :D) is 1 year old. I heard baby tortoise should not eat pumpkin but can I give butternut squash to hermy (I think it is in the same family of a pumpkin), if yes, can I give her some every week or only as a treat once in a while

Thanks

Isa

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I give my tortoises butternut squash once a week. :D Yes it has the same worming effect as pumpkin, just not in as high a concentration as pumpkin.

Danny

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have given my torts butternut squash too. I put it in the food chopper to make it small and easy to swallow. They love it as much as carrots. :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada

Can I give her some even if she is 1 year old?

Hermy lovesss carrots as much as she loves sweet potatos :D

Thanks

Isa

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Feed away, I give it to all of my guys. I also feed a HUGE amount of pumpkin for a very short period of time right after Halloween, when I get all of the unsold pumpkins for free from a few grocery stores. Again with no ill affect. On my big guys I don't even bother to remove the seed from them anymore. The seeds sprout and they eat the pumpkin sprouts, wow now that is recycling! LOL Best wishes Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Elegans

I gave a bit of butternut squash to Hermy yesterday. I could tell she really liked that :D, her face was all dirty haha

Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.