Wow ... I'm jealous there are so beautiful

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Are they all 3 toat onces

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Yamaha4x4_19

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
St. Louis
Aww that sucks about a lot of them getting out :-/ but that's awesome about your breeding success. Do you incubate the eggs or just let them hatch out of the ground? what type of Box turtles are those babies?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
That's both gulf coast and 3toed babies. I raise both types. I incubate them myself. Too many ants and armadillos down here to trust leaving them in the ground. Plus we flood on occasion which drowns the eggs in the ground. Thanks again

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
That does look a lot like my Pirate! Did you find that one wild or where did you get it?

diamondbp said:
all from the same area, a big variety
Gorgeous group! That's a lot of variety in shell pattern. The top middle one looks more eastern...

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
A long time ago my brother lived in an area full of 3toeds which he would find in his yard quite often. So when he moved from that area I inherited his group and since then have produced two generations. But like I said I lost most of my 3toed group in hurricane Gustav. It still pains me to think about it. I miss those turtles that escaped :( I actually had an AWESOME jet black 3toed male and two other darker females. That's why when I saw this post I had to respond because its definitely rarer coloration.

Status
Not open for further replies.