Box turtle in S. Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Alright heres the deal, ive been spending a little time with a 8 yr old boy, Ashton, in my gf's apt complex. He has a bearded dragon and seems to have a real strong intetrst in herps. He just loves my leopard tortoise and more recently a baby box turtle I brought home. His mother said he can get one and so im trying to help him out. If anyone has some down near San Antonio id like to hear from you. I plan on taking him to a show but thought id give our members here a chance first. Dont worry about the fact that he lives in an apt. They have a big patio and im gonna make sure he learns the proper ways to take care of them and I figured a box turtle would be perfect for him.

Thanks

Oh and another reason ive kinda taken him under my wing is cuz his dad really isnt in the picture so thats why im doing this.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
That's really sweet of you to take an interest like that. Is this little boy completely in love with the baby boxie? If you think it will have a shot at a decent home with the little boy, I'd be willing to let him have it. You'd have to make sure he takes good care of it though, and if he decides he doesn't want it, or gets tired of it, you send it to me... I gave a baby tortoise to a friend of mine's son, who is 8, and that thing is his best friend, so I know how it goes.

I don't know, what do you think???

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Thats awesome of you, BUT ill let you decide. He wants one bad and knows quite a bit already plus his mom is supportive of him so he would definitely be a good parent to the little guy (I plan on teaching him as much as possible, plus he can always come to me for help). So its completely up to you, I know there will always be more so if you decide you want this one its not a problem at all.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
OK, you know what, let him have that little tiny guy. I'll find another one in need. It might not be as tiny or unbelievably cute, but that's okay... There are probably hundreds of other sweet boxies out there that need homes, so I'll keep looking. Thanks so much for all your help. And, of course, don't worry about the $$$ spent to get the baby. Consider it a gift for the little boy. But seriously, if he ever decides he doesn't want it, or can't take care of it anymore, send it to me. :)

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Erika, you are indeed awesome and I owe you big time. If another one comes up you will be the first to know. I'll get some pics of the new owner and his new box turtle later on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For those of you who are scratching your heads and wondering what's going on...there was a baby box turtle advertised on craigslist in jtrux's town. Shellysmom hated to see it go to someone who didn't know how to care for it, and she asked jtrux to get it for her and she'd pay the costs. So jtrux got the turtle. That's the turtle they're talking about.

I just love our forum members!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Still scratching head (it itches)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Well, jtrux's gf had some concerns that the baby might be too small and fragile for an 8 year old, so now we're trying to decide if an adult would be better. Decisions, decisions.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Maybe I can get that ornate that's here and nurse it back to health for a few months....then send it over?

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
LuckysGirl007 said:
Maybe I can get that ornate that's here and nurse it back to health for a few months....then send it over?

So, jtrux decided to get the little boy a bigger boxie, or a tortoise. There's a reptile show coming up in that area, so they're going to go together and take a look around, which sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

So, the tiny baby boxie is coming to me. :D But, Kim, let me know if you take in the puffy Phoenix baby.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Awe! That works out for everyone. And what a special experience for that little boy! Way to go! I'm still thinking about the little puffy guy. I really want to help him...but I don't think I could keep him to adult size.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
LuckysGirl007 said:
Awe! That works out for everyone. And what a special experience for that little boy! Way to go! I'm still thinking about the little puffy guy. I really want to help him...but I don't think I could keep him to adult size.

Do you want to pick him up and send him to me to foster? I'm sure I'd be able to find a good home for him when he's ready. PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.