boxie garden in bloom

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Here's some pictures of the boxie garden today. Some turtles were hiding, so they're not all there.
IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You have the most beautiful ponds for your turtles Terry. I just love to see them like that. They must be so happy to live at your house. I was wondering how you clean out that water when it's not in use (like after winter is over)? :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thanks Candy. I used to have a little stream with a pump in there Candy, but it wasn't too practical. I just got rid of the stream, and pump, and added some small stones and river rocks to make it more shallow and now I just let the hose run in there for a while and it cleans right up. So much easier. I took these with my phone so they're not the best pictures.....a little dark for some reason.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If you ever decide to hire your self out a a enclosure designer I would hire you, BTW did all of your boxies make it? I know you were concerned about the cold weather.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Wom Terry your garden is awesome:) I'm with Dmmj where do I send my info to? your hired:D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
So beautiful!! You have the prettiest gardens for your boxies and torts :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you. Yes David, everyone made it. I was sick with worry.
The plants circled are red clover, which spreads like crazy, and the little pink flowers are just some kind of garden grass that flowers in the early Summer or Spring.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
I'm always amazed by that green thumb Terry, really beautiful pond!

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
You must have a green thumb. It sounds like it was all covered by snow just a couple months ago... I didn't have any snow and I don't have that much green!

Love the water feature!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Looks like a wonderful place for not only your boxies, but you as well. Do you ever find them foraging on their own in there?

Thank you. When I first made the garden I threw in about 200 worms. There's loads of pill bugs, and slugs too. When they first come out from hibernation they mostly ate the little green sprouts that were coming up. I fed them every day, and am still feeding once a day. In a few weeks, I'll only feed them every third day. There's also plenty of mosquito lave in the pond that I've seen them eat. There's a blueberry plant in there and I see a lot of little blueberries on it, and also loads of strawberry plants. So, there 's plenty for them to eat in there.

LindaF

5 Year Member
Lovely garden! Makes me wish I was a box turtle and could live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.