Breeders in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manitoba Canada
mike 3611 said:
Hey guys i'm new here, my name is mike and i'm from Newfoundland Canada, I was supposed to be receiving a pair of Russian tortoises today from "Mark's Animals" in the states, however the whole thing seemed someone shady, leaving me to believe that it was some sort of scam. Now i'm very dissapointed because I was really looking forward to this day, but now its all gone out the window. :(

I was just wondering weather you guys knew of any breeders in Canada or of any legitimate breeders who ship to Canada.

Thanks!

What lead you to think he was shady??

diaboliqueturtle said:
Hi guys! I live in Toronto and I know 2 good breeders here. There's All Reptiles on Kennedy Rd in the East end and Tails & Scales on Dundas West in the West end. Tails & Scales does ship. I bought a tort from each of them and they are both healthy and beautiful :)

That's good to know! Do they have a website?

CDNPyxis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
You can definitely ship Tortoises into Canada I had recieved several shipments when I was still in Toronto, the problem is getting the US shipper to spend the time to do the paperwork. It is not as simple as just getting a export license as they are CITES listed animals so you need additional permits. Also if you are looking to get appendix I torts you will need to get an in Import permit for yorself. It is a pain, but definitely doable, I would only do it with really well respected stores or individuals you know and trust.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.