Breeding Greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Is it the right time of year for Greeks to breed? I have a pair of Antakyan / Jordanian intergrades. The male seems very interested in the female and is ramming and biting at her and mounting (the wrong end). She seems okay with it. I have only put them together for a few minutes before and he never acted like this before. There was really only sniffing before.

Thanks

image-3369005570.png

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Environmental changes can trigger courtship in males but it's also fairly common for a male to want to breed whenever a female is around. Males and females should not be kept together on a regular basis unless they are in a very large enclosure or in groups where there there is a least a 1 to 3 male to female ratio.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Thanks GB, I was more wanting to know if it is the right time to put them together for them to breed? If not, when is? I'd like to breed them and I will not keep them together all the time. I only want to put them together for an hour at a time or so while supervised for the most part. I know she was tired of him after a while and I took him out. They each have their own enclosures and I will keep them separate for the most part.

And he did get it right too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.