Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmk10

5 Year Member
Hi I have a nine month old baby horse field an was wanting to get him a friend the lady we bought him off suggested getting him a female friend...was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the breeding process how old they have to be before they will mate and what is needed in order for them to breed successfully thanks .... Another thing my horse field had a very soft white poo the other day but hasn't had one since does anyone know why this is ?

clare n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex uk
If you are doing it for company then I'd leave him on his own, they are solitary and don't do well with "friends" lol. when I first got mine I looked this up, i felt bad for him on his own but theres nothing to worry about honestly, ive learned that they are better this way. They argue over territory. Ive read on here they can be better in threes as long as they have lots and lots of space and barriers so they can get away from each other, If not then its possible that there will be bullying, not good :(
If you are doing it for breeding purposes, I don't have any knowledge about it but sure someone will comment and help you out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey! Get off the grass, you kids!!! I'm not grumpy at all.

Seriously though, unless you intend to breed, which is a much bigger more involved endeavor, he will be happiest as the sole king of his territory.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
Mine doesn't even appreciate my husband or cats showing an interest :) I'm sure he only likes me because I'm the "food lady" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.