Brown Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-sully-x

5 Year Member
For the past 3 months on & off our 5 year old sulcata has been having episodes of brown liquid. Her normal stools are firm and her urine is as clear as a bell. We have take a sample to the vets and there is no sign of parasites or worms when it was examined. The only thing he could see was tiny brown crystals is what they were described as. Any ideas of what this could be?

I will add a picture in the next post.

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366387027.336531.jpg

It is not usually that dark and I think the dark tile may not be helping but this is what she does.

Last edited by a moderator:

x-sully-x

5 Year Member
A mixture of dandelions, timothy hay, chicory, romaine lettuce, curly lettuce and kale as a treat. She is bathed 3-4 times a week too if thats useful.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Sounds like diarrhea to me. Are her dandolions fresh or store-bought? If fresh, where are you gatherig them? Could these or any wild plants you're giving her be comtaminated?

Are you feeding her any cacti or succulents (some of these can cause diarrhea).

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It could have kidney stones.They make them pee Brown.

x-sully-x

5 Year Member
Well we bought dried for the winter and then when fresh ones pop up we get them from my mums garden. Don't feed her any cacti or succulents.
Oh my goodness - How would we find this out? Would the vet need to send some bloods off or would it be an x-ray?

Status
Not open for further replies.