Bugatti isn't eating as much

Plushkins

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
20181201_082955.jpg Hello everyone, was hoping to run by you my concern, and thank you in advance!

Our Eastern Hermann's Bugatti isn't eating as much as usual in the past three days or so. Pretty active, bright-eyed, quick reflexes and took long, energetic walks outside yesday and today, but has not worked up an appetite. I offered: his usual "mush" = re-hydrated tortoise food; kale; mustard greens; sweet kale salad; cucumber; grapes; sweet red pepper; and also he had the option to try whatever little plants grow outside that he likes to sample on occasion when we take walks. But almost no interest, except a few excited bites at a grape and cucumber. Am I doing something wrong? Feeding him anything he shouldn't eat? Not offering something he needs?? ...Would love for Bugatti to get his voracious appetite back...

Oh and should note that his, hmm, potty routine appears fine. Also - if relevant - we live near Shreveport, Louisiana, and the weather has been in the upper 60s-70, but guessing that shouldn't matter because his apartments have remained the same climate?

Thanks for reading and for any and all advice!

Bambam1989

East Texas
Can you remind us all how long you have had Bugatti?
May we know what the basking temp and cool end of the enclosure is at?
This information will help us begin to identify any issues
(You may want to cut out the fruits from the diet. It isn't good for their digestion)

Plushkins

Louisiana
20181202_083556.jpg 20181202_083618.jpg
Can you remind us all how long you have had Bugatti?
May we know what the basking temp and cool end of the enclosure is at?
This information will help us begin to identify any issues
(You may want to cut out the fruits from the diet. It isn't good for their digestion)

Bambam1989, I greatly appreciate your followup, time, and help. We got Bugatti last May. Here are the readings from his hottest basking spot and the coolest spot, respectively. ...Is his hottest spot too hot?? He does have plenty of other options of hangout spots but I now worry... I look forward to your insights! Thank you!

Bambam1989

East Texas
View attachment 258646 View attachment 258647

Bambam1989, I greatly appreciate your followup, time, and help. We got Bugatti last May. Here are the readings from his hottest basking spot and the coolest spot, respectively. ...Is his hottest spot too hot?? He does have plenty of other options of hangout spots but I now worry... I look forward to your insights! Thank you!
I would have the basking spot around 100.
Do you keep his lights on a timer? How many hours do you keep his lights on? Do you have a UVB bulb and if so what kind?
My first assumption was that maybe he wasn't warm enough and so his digestion was slowing down but that's definitely not the case. So my next assumption is that he is wanting to Brumate (hibernate). Lighting plays an important part of this.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
Hiya Plushkins, The hot side is much too hot, I had to zoom in to see the thermometer and the needle is off the chart.
I think the correct temps should be around 32C -35C,,and I think the cold side needs to be a bit warmer

Plushkins

Louisiana
Thank you sooooo much to each and all of you who helped us with information and advice!!! Bugatti has been well and has very good appetite :) :) :)