Building a new pen

Enabler

Started building a new outdoor setup for my little sulcata diesle today any suggestions accepted and appreciated20170717_183729.jpg 20170717_183732.jpg 20170707_150459.jpg 20170707_150459.jpg

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Hello,

you should cover it with wire against predators.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What size is Diesel and what size is that enclosure?

You could cap the corners to give him some more shade, a place to hide, and prevent escape.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Your tortoise looks like it is only about 4". At that size I would not recommend leaving it outside more than 2-3 hours a day. It will do much better in a warm and humid indoor enclosure until it is about 8-10" long. At that time it's shell will be much better formed. Indoors in a chamber where you can keep the humidity up will also help with the 'slight to moderate' pyramiding that has been developing.

It does look like you have the enclosure in an area that is constantly partially shaded by trees. I would also provide some plants in the enclosure and perhaps a hide where the tortoise can rest and feel secure. At that size you do have to be concerned about predators, so a hardward cloth cover would be a good idea.

Enabler

What size is Diesel and what size is that enclosure?

You could cap the corners to give him some more shade, a place to hide, and prevent escape.
Diesle is 6.5 inches long and the enclosure is 8 foot by 8 foot

Enabler

Your tortoise looks like it is only about 4". At that size I would not recommend leaving it outside more than 2-3 hours a day. It will do much better in a warm and humid indoor enclosure until it is about 8-10" long. At that time it's shell will be much better formed. Indoors in a chamber where you can keep the humidity up will also help with the 'slight to moderate' pyramiding that has been developing.

It does look like you have the enclosure in an area that is constantly partially shaded by trees. I would also provide some plants in the enclosure and perhaps a hide where the tortoise can rest and feel secure. At that size you do have to be concerned about predators, so a hardward cloth cover would be a good idea.
Alright thanks he looks a lil small in the pictures but he's about 6.5 inches.what kinds of plants are good to but in there I'm working on Building a hide for him