Building pvc closed chamber

hydro708

Location (City and/or State)
ANAHEIM
Hello I am wanting to build a pvc enclosure but I was wondering if komatex pvc is ok to use? I would buy a pvc enclosure but everyone is sold out or backordered 3 plus months. Unfortunately I was told open table was best for the tortoise but I found out that's wrong thus why I am not trying to take care of them the right way. But also have so many questions. What's the best way to but the lights on timers and or thermostats .? I am wanting to control heat panel basking light and uvb HO light. Also I been reading that the HO should only be on for a few hours mid day but what else is used for light when that not on the rest of the enclosure is dark. I would be open to buying a enclosure dose anyone have a 4x2x2 or bigger in southern California.? Also dose anyone have any cut sheets from when they built their diy enclosure and fed back on what they liked and what they wanted to improve. Thanks everyone in advance for taking times and all the feedback I appreciate 🙏 it

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello I am wanting to build a pvc enclosure but I was wondering if komatex pvc is ok to use? I would buy a pvc enclosure but everyone is sold out or backordered 3 plus months. Unfortunately I was told open table was best for the tortoise but I found out that's wrong thus why I am not trying to take care of them the right way. But also have so many questions. What's the best way to but the lights on timers and or thermostats .? I am wanting to control heat panel basking light and uvb HO light. Also I been reading that the HO should only be on for a few hours mid day but what else is used for light when that not on the rest of the enclosure is dark. I would be open to buying a enclosure dose anyone have a 4x2x2 or bigger in southern California.? Also dose anyone have any cut sheets from when they built their diy enclosure and fed back on what they liked and what they wanted to improve. Thanks everyone in advance for taking times and all the feedback I appreciate 🙏 it
At the end of this thread is a complete heating and lighting breakdown, along with a care sheet that explains even more: