Burmese youngsters sexxing LOL for fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwwkpw

5 Year Member
Attached is a plastron pic of 3 young burmese (approx 6 months old).
Any guesses...I know should not be able to tell at this age. The do look diffrent one to the other though..
Mike

P1010001.JPG
P1010003.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
On the 2nd pic, the one in the middle has anal scutes with a small circular opening in the middle. They look like they will round out in the near future, so I'm going with female for that one. I can't seem to spot any concavity on the plastrons of either 3. The other two surrounding the one in the middle definitely have a feminine look with the V-notch anal scutes.

mwwkpw

5 Year Member
tortoises101 said:
On the 2nd pic, the one in the middle has anal scutes with a small circular opening in the middle. They look like they will round out in the near future, so I'm going with female for that one. I can't seem to spot any concavity on the plastrons of either 3. The other two surrounding the one in the middle definitely have a feminine look with the V-notch anal scutes.

Thanks for your input...I am hopeful for females LOL. I tend to agree with you. 2nd pic middle is not as v-notched as the other two I dont think. I hope it is female..
Any other thoughts anyone..
Thanks in advance.
Mike

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
mwwkpw said:
tortoises101 said:

Thanks for your input...I am hopeful for females LOL. I tend to agree with you. 2nd pic middle is not as v-notched as the other two I dont think. I hope it is female..
Any other thoughts anyone..
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Do you plan on breeding? If so, I wish you the very best of luck; this species needs as much help as it can get.

tortoise_lover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
very hard decision :p
i think the left female,
the centre male
and the right one is female..

just lucky guess :p

mwwkpw

5 Year Member
101 thanks for the input..I do hope to breed these burmese in the future. I do like the spp. It appears they could use the help as well...

Tortoise lover thanks for your input as well...about the best you can do at this age/size :D I think..any others????

Thanks in advance
Mike

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I say left most one female, other two are male in the second picture.

mwwkpw

5 Year Member
Neal said:
I say left most one female, other two are male in the second picture.

Thanks Neal- Appears your going with the V as well?

Any others...??
Mike

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I think Neal has the correct answer. When I look at it closer, I do see some concavity on the plastron of the rightmost tortoise and the anal scutes also have a more rounded look.

mwwkpw

5 Year Member
101 and Neal I see what you are saying I think. The left most has the most V. The middle one definately the least V. The right one a bit less V than the left one. Thus F,M,M

I am going F,M,F and holding out on the far left being female LOL....Should find out in about 18-24 months or so when the males tend to expose them selves when soaked.

I hope tortoise lover is right FFF,LOL, they are young and could be...

Thanks for your input..
Mike

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Female - male - male but still to small to tell for sure!

mwwkpw

5 Year Member
coastal said:
Female - male - male but still to small to tell for sure!

Thanks Coastal

Looks like we have a pattern. Left Female, Middle Male, right seems to be the most questionable but leaning male on guesses 3/2 approx. One of the guesses(mine) on the 3rd is unconsciously swayed by a preferred outcome. Pretty cool and probably accurate, i think, we had a 50/50 going in but I think the result is better than 50/50.
Will be fun to verify...
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.