Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I had a busy day today.

Bright and early this morning Cory and his girlfriend arrived at my house for "the tour." Cory took lots of pictures and I'm hoping to see some of them on the forum! Its always fun to see my property and the animals through someone else's eyes.

Then around lunch time another forum member (I don't have his permission to divulge his name) arrived. He took the tour also, but his main reason for coming to Clovis was to purchase one of my Manouria intergrades. So I'm now down to four. Two of which have the Mep characteristics and two look like Mee. I'm going to sell one of each if anyone's interested.

After he left, I had to go rescue a found turtle. I have a notice on my web site that I no longer can take in Red ear sliders, so I questioned this lady about her found turtle. She said it was black with a little bit of lighter coloration on the bottom shell. She didn't know if it was a turtle or a tortoise, but it did NOT have a red stripe on either side of its head. I drove all the way in to Fresno...30 minutes...and guess what folks? Yes, it is a RES. A very old male, about 10" SCL and all black with no colored markings at all (melanistic).

Well, I'm off to close up all the turtles and tortoises...see ya!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes Yvonne it sounds like you had a very full day. I thought for sure that you would have pictures for us of Cory and his girlfriend. Did Cory bring Littlefoot with him? :p Did Cory come to pick something up too or just to see your farm or animals? :D Well it's time for you to go settle down and have your bowl of ice cream now. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Lucky Cory and friend to see one of the premier tortoise properties on this forum...I am sure they appreciated and enjoyed their tour. :)

So...did you take the old RES? Are these guys capable of being "released" back in the "wild" or do they have to be cared for for their entire lives?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I greeted Cory today as well and heard about the early arrive at your house.. How jealous i was to hear he visited your place this morning

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Candy: No, Cory was on his way up to Sacramento to see Terra and he just made a quick stop here on his way.

And Steph: No, you can't release them here in Calif. they are a non-native species. So I'm going to have to find him a home, as all the RES in my pond are girls.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Boy, that Cory sure gets around! ;)

He does so much already, so he really needs to add "tortoise rescue" to his resume, I think.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
ive been to Yvonnes.. there are torts everywhere.. in every nook and cranny! And I met Dudley! I had to have my husband see him so he would have a clue what I was getting him into! and Bo and So.. they were much smaller then!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Stephanie Logan said:
Boy, that Cory sure gets around! ;)

He does so much already, so he really needs to add "tortoise rescue" to his resume, I think.

thanks, thats sweet of you. i should add that on my business card...lol.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
emysemys said:
. I have a notice on my web site that I no longer can take in Red ear sliders, so I questioned this lady about her found turtle. She said it was black with a little bit of lighter coloration on the bottom shell. She didn't know if it was a turtle or a tortoise, but it did NOT have a red stripe on either side of its head. I drove all the way in to Fresno...30 minutes...and guess what folks? Yes, it is a RES.

You should ask for a picture in future....

Status
Not open for further replies.