Buying a tortoise

talal

Location (City and/or State)
Karachi Pakistan
Can you grow cactus in your climate?
Yeah i think but i went to get the prickly pear cactus it only had a 2 pads and the guy at the nursery told me that this was the biggest one he had so i didn't get it i have been growing hibiscus and roses amd ditched the wheat grass as it grew mold every time i planted it i have hibiscus and roses growing but what i dont grt is if i feed my torts its leaves daily it would have no leaves in a week so wouldn't the plant just die by that my mom told me to let it grow and once it get big enough then feed it as u like

talal

Karachi Pakistan
Btw i got the lettuce now (turns out it wasn't out of season it was not available cuz of eid ul adha) but the issue remains that i cannot feed it only lettuce i will try to add and increase one pellet daily on the lettuce

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Btw i got the lettuce now (turns out it wasn't out of season it was not available cuz of eid ul adha) but the issue remains that i cannot feed it only lettuce i will try to add and increase one pellet daily on the lettuce
The breeder with sulcata's. What is he feeding his sulcata's? Yes let the hibiscus and roses get bigger. The flowers of the plants are good too feed your tort also. How about grape leaves?

talal

Karachi Pakistan
The breeder
The breeder with sulcata's. What is he feeding his sulcata's? Yes let the hibiscus and roses get bigger. The flowers of the plants are good too feed your tort also. How about grape leaves?
The breeder feeds his adults and babies by letting them graze every day in his garden during the morning (which has bermuda grass weeds hibiscus etc) and actually feeds them only 3 times a week sometimes lettuce sometimes spinach cucumber carrots and fruits as well

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The breeder

The breeder feeds his adults and babies by letting them graze every day in his garden during the morning (which has bermuda grass weeds hibiscus etc) and actually feeds them only 3 times a week sometimes lettuce sometimes spinach cucumber carrots and fruits as well
Do you have a grass area where your sulcata can graze?
Please don't feed any fruit.
Are you able to buy dandelion seeds online?
Is there any where you can buy pasture seed? Like what they use for livestock.
Can you buy items on the internet? You probably have already been asked these questions. Sorry if I am asking the questions again.

talal

Karachi Pakistan
Do you have a grass area where your sulcata can graze?
Please don't feed any fruit.
Are you able to buy dandelion seeds online?
Is there any where you can buy pasture seed? Like what they use for livestock.
Can you buy items on the internet? You probably have already been asked these questions. Sorry if I am asking the questions again.
I have grass in my garden but my gardener sprays pesticides on it regularly so i am not willing ti take the risk i bought dandelion seeds like 1 month ago but it never grew even tho i planted it and the pasture seeds like corn wheat etc are available but they catch mold whenever i plant them so i avoid it but corn plants or whatever they are called is available as well as jantar idk what it's called in English and Egyptian clover and alfa alfa are also available at feed stores cuz livestock is a big part of our life in pak so things related to livestock are usually available easily and yes i can buy items online from daraz but not amazon etc