Cabbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfulcher

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Can tortoises eat it? And if so will they???

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cabbage is in the brassica family, and as such, if fed a lot, it might cause gout. So an occasional feeding is ok.

jfulcher

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
emysemys said:
Cabbage is in the brassica family, and as such, if fed a lot, it might cause gout. So an occasional feeding is ok.

Oh ok. Because my greens supply is running short, and I have to mix a little in until we go shopping for more.

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I give cabbage to my adult sulcata twice a month during cold weather, this morning he has already eaten a 2 pound head along with his other foods.

jfulcher

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Len said:
I give cabbage to my adult sulcata twice a month during cold weather, this morning he has already eaten a 2 pound head along with his other foods.

Well these are 4wk old sulcata, 1yr old sulcata, and a 3yr old Leo. And the Leo n the yearling are rescues and underweight...

-Vincent Van Gogh-

parrotlady

5 Year Member
I give cabbage periodically mixed with other greens and vegetables with no ill effects. I think moderation is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.