Call for help for a research project (I need photos of uncommon species) + Tortoise Tax

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
I am in need of photos of rare or uncommon (in captivity) species, subspecies, localities and natural color/pattern phases of turtles and tortoises. I'm not looking for photos of hybrids, intergrades, or "designer" morphs. I need photos of multiple individuals of each species, and will take all I can get. The photos will not be distributed, or republished in any way, only the resulting analysis.

Any clear photos are helpful, but ideally I would want one of the plasteron, the carapace, as well as front, back and side views. I'd also need the species name (subspecies/locality/phase if applicable).

I'll publish details about the project on the forum at a later date when I am further along in the research,. My intentions are to make the results available for use by the public with no cost required.

Pictures can come as replies below, or email [email protected] if you prefer.

"uncommon" Species not needed:
Radiated Tortoises
Burmese Star Tortoises

Common species such as redfoots and sulcatas are not needed, as there is enough public domain images to run my analysis on.

and the promised tortoise tax, "Astro" my runt radiated tortoise that finally started growing (and growing like crazy).

Attachments

• BHvsXJU.jpg
    BHvsXJU.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 3

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Good luck with this sounds interesting.