Can baby sulcata be out side too much

BEE2015

I finally have my inside enclosure/ lights all fixed up correct...now I am wondering if my outside play pen is appropriate?
I replanted weeds,crab grass and seeded Bermuda grass that has started to sprout.
I live in South Carolina,the temps have been hight 80s with 93% humidity...yesterday I spent the whole day outside with him with him in his play pen...with the temps and humidity being what I considered optimal....he was outside 10-5 (under supervision) Is that too long?image.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is one for @Tom. I know he usually puts his out for just and hour or so, but he also lives with low humidity, so it may be different for someone living with higher humidity. If you have a temp gun, that would help you a lot to know how warm his enclosure and himself is getting outside with those temps,

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Babies don't do as well outside all day, regardless of temps and conditions. They do best when they are kept inside most of the time. I like to put them out for no more than an hour or two a day and then soak them on the way back in. As they gain size, I leave them out longer and longer. I don't leave them outside all day until they are 5-6". I don't move them outside full time until they are 8-10".

BEE2015

Babies don't do as well outside all day, regardless of temps and conditions. They do best when they are kept inside most of the time. I like to put them out for no more than an hour or two a day and then soak them on the way back in. As they gain size, I leave them out longer and longer. I don't leave them outside all day until they are 5-6". I don't move them outside full time until they are 8-10".
Thank you so much!