Can indoor habitat be in garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinevandorm

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Olympia, WA
Hey guys, QUESTION -- could I leave my indoor habitat in the garage for the spring/summer season??? I live in Washington State and during the nice month of the year I like to bring him outside during the day and it is easier for me when his indoor enclosure is in the garage?????

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I kept my Sulcata in a large enclosure inside my garage for about a year with no problems. You have to make sure you have a very good set up and that no cars park inside the garage because of the exhaust fumes...

christinevandorm

5 Year Member
Olympia, WA
oh shoot, I wasn't even thinking about the exhaust....we have a 3 car garage, but keep 2 cars parked in there. But I have been keeping the smaller garage door cracked open ca 5 feet when WIllie has been in there in his habitat, for fresh air and natural light....

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
I kept my baby CDT's in the garage this winter and plan on keeping them in there again when it gets to cold outside.
When they are old enough to hibernate ill also keep them in boxes in the garage.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
At the turtle club we always get asked if it is safe to hibernate indoors during the winter (garage) I personally have hibernated my CDT inside the garage for the last 12 years or so, with no ill side effects I would imagine it is safe to house them indoors as long as there is adequate ventilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.