Can someone tell me size for eastern painted turtle aquarium,?

Highly recommended

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Got a eastern painted turtle as s gift its male how big aquarium i need its fully grown Lives in my bathtub atm
Will buy aquarium if i know what size he will be happy in thanks

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
A male will stay pretty small. Male E Painteds are normally about 4"- 4.5" fully grown. They are good swimmers, very active, very personable. They will scramble towards the glass to get to you whenever you approach once they know you. You could go a bit smaller, but I like the 75 gallon tank for a 4" turtle and even a small group of 4" turtles. The room to swim and explore will greatly benefit them. The 75 gal is the same length and height as a 55 gal, but it is 18" wide while the 55 is 13" wide - which gives almost 50% more space with the 75 without taking any more wall space in your room.

Highly recommended

Michigan
A male will stay pretty small. Male E Painteds are normally about 4"- 4.5" fully grown. They are good swimmers, very active, very personable. They will scramble towards the glass to get to you whenever you approach once they know you. You could go a bit smaller, but I like the 75 gallon tank for a 4" turtle and even a small group of 4" turtles. The room to swim and explore will greatly benefit them. The 75 gal is the same length and height as a 55 gal, but it is 18" wide while the 55 is 13" wide - which gives almost 50% more space with the 75 without taking any more wall space in your room.

I bought a 90 gallon from craigslist for 80$ hope this will do just checking for leaks thank you