Can you use diluted bleach to disinfectant a horsfield tortoise table?

Kimfrankie

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham, UK
My horsfield tortoise is one years old and I really want to disinfect his enclosure but so far I have just been using sterile warm water because I'm scared of harming him. Does anyone have any tips they use as disinfectant? Can you use diluted household bleach or vinger? Thank you in advance.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My horsfield tortoise is one years old and I really want to disinfect his enclosure but so far I have just been using sterile warm water because I'm scared of harming him. Does anyone have any tips they use as disinfectant? Can you use diluted household bleach or vinger? Thank you in advance.
Are you concerned with using just tap water?
(You mentioned sterilized water)
I use bleach to sanitize my cement outdoor pools and all of the implements that I use for maintenance, health and feeding of my tortoise collection.
I wait until the items are 100% dry before I place them back in use. But I've never had an issue with it of any kind. And outdoors even the fumes aren't an issue.

Kimfrankie

Birmingham, UK
Are you concerned with using just tap water?
(You mentioned sterilized water)
I use bleach to sanitize my cement outdoor pools and all of the implements that I use for maintenance, health and feeding of my tortoise collection.
I wait until the items are 100% dry before I place them back in use. But I've never had an issue with it of any kind. And outdoors even the fumes aren't an issue.
I always boil the water and wait for it to cool down before use to make is it sterile. But I do this will all my pets water to ensure no bugs etc are in it. It's the nurse in me I guess. I think I will use a very small amount of diluted bleach for cleaning. Thank you for your reply ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I always boil the water and wait for it to cool down before use to make is it sterile. But I do this will all my pets water to ensure no bugs etc are in it. It's the nurse in me I guess. I think I will use a very small amount of diluted bleach for cleaning. Thank you for your reply ?
There's nothing wrong with being overly cautious. But tortoises are anything but sterile.
I think that you might be over thinking this. With the amount of care you clearly have, you and your tort will be just fine.