can't create my own post

ellie e kemp

Hi Everyone
Why cant I create my own post?!
My name is Ellie I'm from Wales in The UK and today me and my boyfriend Sam adopted a baby tortoise - a horsefield tortoise we think is about 2 years old and really tiny!
We had been thinking about it for a while and went down the adoption route after becoming members of a fab tortoise sanctuary in Sulley, Wales UK.
Even after lots of advice and we do have the right equiptment /food etc I am still looking for some/ANY advice on anything anyone has regarding indoor tortoises as we dont have grass so will be trying to get her out as much as possible and may build her a patch of grass and little pen for the garden, until then we would like her to be really happy inside and would appreciate any advice from anyone in the same situation, her name is Shelby and we are totally in love!!!

Thanks in advance,
Ellie xx

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hi and welcome

@Ellie I have reported your post so it can be split from this thread

We have some great guides on TFO written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and propagated by many pet stores and, sadly, some breeders and vets too.

Here are the ones I suggest you start with

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Baby Russian Care Guide
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

ellie e kemp

Thank you so much! Any idea why i cant post my own thread??

Thanks for your help! Super Duper excited x

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Go to the Forum's home page and look for the subject you want to post in. Say, for instance, "Introductions". Click on it. When the "Introductions" screen comes up, in the upper right corner of the screen, click on "Post New Thread". That's all there is to it.