Carl minds the nanny better than his owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I just got back from a few day vacation, and I had a tortoise savvy friend looking after my baby tortoise. She was confused by my note that said to remove any uneaten food at night.

Dang Carl, he always leaves half of it for me! Apparently he never left one bit of it while I was away, even the stuff he wasn't particularly fond of. I bet you tomorrow will be the same old story, all the dandelions and stone crop will be gone but everything else will not have been touched.

At any rate, we actually came back a day early because we were aching so bad for home. Personally, I missed Carl and was worried about him nonstop (of course).

Am I the only one that plans my vacations around how long I will be away from my tortoise, or is that pretty normal for avid tortoise lovers with a baby back home? Is it too unreasonable to insist bringing Carl along next time? :p

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Awh. Carl is so adorable.

Absolutely not, whenever I'm out even on errands I wonder about my pets. Sort of like parental instinct, ya know?

Seems like Carl knows what he can get away with, with you. Probably wants you to remove them for more dandelions. :p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yes, I do keep the critters in mind when I am making outing plans ...It sounds as though you have a great step in caregiver...I would opt to pay, bribe--cook for the wonderful caregiver so that when you need to go away you know he is in good hands.... :D absolutely much much safer for your tort and also no need to add stress when it is not absolutely necessary....you know?

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
the same has been happening with my sulcata, Kurma won't eat the red-leaf lettuce when i'm home but now that i'm away he'll eat anything my boyfriend puts in front of him :p

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I worry about my torts too! Once we got a puppy 2 weeks before we left for Hawaii and we came back a day early just to see her. It was our Honeymoon too.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like a typical kid, always do better for other folks then their own "parents". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.