Caught This Little Spotted Basking Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share these shots of this little Clemmys guttata that I found basking yesterday afternoon. It was not threatened by my presence at all, which wasn't surprising. Out of a group of 10 hatchlings I'm raising up, this is the smallest, and the most brave. Normally, I'd be worried by that, but the little guy seems to be doing really well.

Enjoy! And thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 72

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I'd love to have brave turtles. My picta dorsalis just jump to water when human approaches. But he seems to be calmer nowadays :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Beautiful little guy. I hope someday my res will get brave. She is for a little while, watches us come down the porch stairs, even walk to the pond. Then will still jump in, even though we have kinda past her up. She's a little slow LOL

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Very nice. Spotted turtles are one of my favoirtes.

Side note I found res to be a little more skidish when it comes to basking, my Dbt by far are the most comfortable, my southern painted turtle doesn't get scared either. Anytime Ive had a res in my life they seemed scared and jump in. Once underwater they were fine lol water safety

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love what he has to bask on. Very nice one, so he is the tiny one? Can we see more, please?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Haha, you would know Ben! They look good too, don't they?

As far as bravery, I like my turtles to run from me or to try to bite me when handled. That to me is more natural, and I believe as keepers we all try to provide the most natural accommodations possible.

The driftwood is great. I like to have live moss, live plants, natural driftwood, peat moss, and oak leaves and limbs in my pond turtle enclosures. The water looks like tea, haha.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
2b8ae428.jpg
[/img] tell the little guys to tuff it up or... brave uncle frank will come.'lol'

Status
Not open for further replies.