Chamber

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Thorough clean out of chamber today. Pulled out the cypress mulch since Freckles decided to sample some. Changed a hide and added more faux plants. Took out a patch of sphagnum moss and put in sheet moss. Any tips for getting it to grow?
The trio didn't know what was more important, eating or exploring, so they alternated and did both over and over again. ImageUploadedByTortForum1390245197.256160.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I think you need to paint a mosaic cloud scene on the walls so it truly becomes baby turtle heaven.............that's just my opinion lol jj looks great

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
If the chamber walls were flat I would totally have found a way to put in one of those backgrounds. I check craigslist from time to time hoping to score a cheap gigantic aquarium that I could modify into a closed chamber. No luck yet. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

My tortoises are like;

Oh crap, the human just took the lid off the chamber...it's going to be drafty for a bit. --Watson

Yay! The human is here! Food time! Wait a second....the lid is off. Yay! She will give us good AND we can climb on everything she touches! --Freckles

Food!!!!!!! OMG food! The human has her hands down in here! Rings!! Must. Eat. Shiny! Dratts...she took them off, I guess I was in her way. --Beans

Oh look guys! The human is pulling out the wood bits. Oh so wonderful! She is cleaning up all my poo piles. Love this human. Hey guys, come over here, her hands look like fun! Hurry! Never mind, she moved me. I guess I'll just go eat. No explore! No. Eat! No, get in the humans way! Yes! --Watson

I'm full. I need a nap but the human still has the lid off and it's kinda drafty. Oh no! Where is the sleeping hide? It's missing! Ok, I'll go over and sleep in the moss. OMG where is the moss? Human what have you done?! Oh you replaced it with different moss. Ohhhh this is cushy. Tortle tortle zzzzzzzzzz --Beans

Nom nom nom nom-- Freckles

Nom nom nom nom... I'm feeling sleepy. I think I need a nap. Zzzzzzz (in the food dish) --Watson.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Oh my goodness goodness that post had me lol'ing and my family staring at me cause I'm tort crazy as far as they are concerned. I gave Watson an English accent in my head, which made it even funnier to me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So did what sh3wulf did and had the same accent going through my head as if I could hear them/you talking/typing. Too funny. When I was taking care of two little ones last fall they did the same thing as for getting in my way and liking my rings. They are too funny