Cherry Head expert help - New growth lines? (10 month)

Meena

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA
PXL_20230123_212852246.jpgPXL_20230123_212457295.jpg
(sorry for the blurry images, I had just sprayed her enclosure)

Just checking that this is normal? She's had these white lines around her scutes for couple months now. I've read a lot of different opinions about it but I trust this forum best. She's a healthy active gal, in her "starter" enclosure still (48"L). Humidity always between 70-90%, soaked every day. Within this year we've been designing our larger adult enclosure, hope to have it all finished by the end of this April. We feed only leafy greens - endive, bok choy, escarole, dandelion, hibiscus flowers + leaves sometimes. If she does get fruit it is VERY rare and always papaya (read that their calcium to potassium ratio is preferred for RF as they eat them in their native Brazil). So I do not think it's over-feeding but I need some cherry head experts to tell me! Thank you!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Hello. Those white lines she or he is getting is called marbling. It may come and go as she grows up. Nothing to be worried about. Some get more then others, it’s usually hereditary.

Fantastic growth on her by the way.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello. Those white lines she or he is getting is called marbling. It may come and go as she grows up. Nothing to be worried about. Some get more then others, it’s usually hereditary.

Fantastic growth on her by the way.
Yep.
Normal.
It just shows up and later it fades away.
To me, it's beautiful while it lasts