Chevy's Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
They may be different but their love is so strong that it doesn't matter!
Introducing........................................................................................................ Chevy and Sugar!!!
064.JPG

Protecting chevy from the big bad camera you can see a little bit of Chevy under all her fur :p
067.JPG

077.JPG

"Dang you smell good!!!"
071.JPG

083.JPG

086.JPG

Their tushees!
088.JPG

Now onto the next set of pictures. Its been almost a month since I have had my baby Chevy so I thought I would do a then and now comparison!!!

Then:
Him in the box on my ride home from the expo :)
001.JPG

another pic on the day I got him
011.JPG

Now:
I did a reenactment (I believe this is the same box he came in)
105.JPG

Do you see his growth rings I do :p
108.JPG

Well to me he looks a lot different :D
By the way the disgusting green carpet in the first set of pictures is going to be removed once I get my new windows in this month :D :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Can I offer a little constructive criticism?

I am a little worried about Chevy. His eyes are closed in a LOT of pictures, in situations where they shouldn't be.

I really admire your enthusiasm and the attention that you give to Chevy, but he is just a baby. Too much handling and activity can make him sick, and he can even die.

Chevy looks a little tired and stressed out to me. That may be why he is being picky about eating too. I really think you need to leave Chevy alone and let him rest for awhile. I know how much you love him, and I don't want you to lose him. All the handling and putting him around the cat and everything is probably really stressing him out.

The pictures ARE really cute, I want you to know I am just trying to help you and Chevy and not trying to pick on you or be mean. I really think Chevy needs some peace and quiet. I would let him rest and only handle him to soak him, for at least a few days, preferably for a few months. Occasional trips outside are okay. Once they hit about 6 months old they are more bullet proof. By the looks of him, I would say Chevy is two months old, tops.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
I agree with Kyryah.
the pics are great, but I'd like to add that I wouldn't put Chevy on Sugars back like that. Bad things can happen in the blink of an eye.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Hi first off I want to say I agree with Kristina Chevy is way to young to be handled all the time but the flash might be hurting his eyes mine used to do the same thing so I put the flash behind him (removable flash) an he keeps his eyes open but again he is still young handle him only when needed we only want the best for Chevy just like you do:):)

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
I love the pics! Nicely said Kyrah. Marty you are a great mom and so proud of little Chevy. Keep up the good work. Knowlege is power and key to a healthy happy tort :) and of course love which you have an abundance of :)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
THANK YOU Kristina for addressing this! I've been dying to but I didn't want to be the pointed out as the villain. I've seen puppies handled less. And it's not the flash that's making his eyes closed in 75% of the pix.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Marty, the reason that we point it out in a thread is that there are other people that have new baby tortoises that join the forum and read other people's threads. They can read the advice that we give to you (and other members) and learn from it also.

Again, no one is trying to pick on you, and no one thinks you are a bad person. You are a first time tortoise owner, and there are a lot of things to learn when you get your first tortoise. All of us see how much you care about Chevy, and you have a real passion for wanting to help tortoises (like wanting to help the Gopher tortoises.) We just want to help you be a good tort mom. You ARE a good tort mom, now you just have a little more information ;)

You are doing a fantastic job learning about things to feed Chevy, and getting him a new habitat for Christmas and all the other things you have done for him. He is in good hands! Your pictures are adorable, and I am very glad to see how much you enjoy your little tort.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
I know you guys aren't trying to attack me but you already made it abundantly clear that I handle him to much so if you have any concerns pm me instead now. I intended this to be a fun thread. I was fine with what you said Kristina its just people kept on adding on and on and on. And Harris slightly insulted me so thats all I have to say.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I learn something :) I was feeling a little guilty about not giving my babies as much attention. Those darn kids get in the way of my tortoise time LOL! Anyway now I know that they are okay with out me handeling them a lot.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Maty, its all good girl. You kow, we have all seen so many pictures of Chevy and answered many questions on Chevys behalf that I think some might have formed a small bond with him/her. Chevy has become a "reality tv" phenom. And, everyone wants to seem him/her thrive. Hopefully, one day, we will be reading the "looking for Chevy mate" thread. I think I've put it on other posts, but I go with the less is more philosophy with my small herd. Your doing great. Now, lets see some of those organically grown weeds and plants for the "Chevy Buffet" thread.....A hui ho

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Cute pictures. I'm sure he's happier, but he'll be even happier when handled less like you said you're going to do. Definitely be leery of other animals and small tortoises. Accidents happen. Also watch the eyes. Stress causes a lowered immune system comes, and illness can come on quick with a baby tortoise.

LindaF

5 Year Member
Cute pictures! I wish I had a baby sulcata, but knew when it got big I wouldn't be able to care for it properly. I would never be able to part with a pet I had for years so did my research and went with a smaller tort. Chevy is ADORABLE!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very cute pictures :) You are a very good tortoise mom, he is very lucky to have you. I have Hermy since 2 years and a half and I am still learning so many things, that is what I love about this forum, its members really care :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Chevy has become a celebrity and I think you have become the forum little sister. The members care about you both:)

Status
Not open for further replies.