Chicory..curly endiva??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well I picked up a few cases of what I thought was chicory...but ended up being what we call curly endiva... (which is also called chicory)...

Is curly endiva ok.. for the sulcata.. They ate a few heads today..they seemed to really like it...and I brought two lg cases... Hope it wasn't a mistake?

Thoughts?

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Laura said:
its fine, but a variety is better.. are they eating hay yet?

Laura..They won't eat it by itself...but I feed them on hay and mix it in..they do chow down quite a bit of it...

They do get a variety.. Hay and romaine is staple..and then I throw in peppers , zucchini , collard greens, mustard greens, spinach,dandelion,cactus,broccoli and this week Endive...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hector my dumb smart phone is always trying to change up words or add weird random ones for fun..lol

That endive is good.....also remember as long as you are changing up their diet you are doing fine....in the wild it is well documented that tortoise eat seasonal..in that they will gorge for days on a particular item in bloom until it is exhausted and will then move onto the next item and so on...all the will filling in between gorges on a few staples.....so sounds lime you are aok and are actually coming up with some fun ones too...I still want pineapple ...lol...I would just say to make sure water intake/soaking is increased when feeding that yummy pineapple....to help move things along better so the sugar is not in their gut for long....IMHO that is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.