Christmas Tree Tubs! Finally!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
Ah, it's that time of year again.
I was planning on stopping by Wal-Mart to pick up a nice big Christmas tree tub
( tote? Box? Bin? Whatever.) after my family came over to the coast for a visit. They told me that they had a surprise for me when they get here.... And it was a Christmas tree tub!!! And the perfect one too!
I'm still going to go get myself one more, though. Im finishing a raised set up along the walls of my tortoise room.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I'm going to make an extended enclosure that wraps around my tortoise room using these. Can anyone post some images of methods used to connect multiple Christmas Tree tubs together safely?

Prairie Mom

Sorry no photos. My sulcata's first chamber was made from several large tubs before I built a wooden chamber. I Just cut the tubs, overlapped them slightly keeping lids intact the best I could, and duct taped the heck out of the whole thing. Used aluminum to cover the tops where any warm air was escaping. It got the job done, but eventually I was a lot happier doing a build. It's a lot easier to maintain the best temps.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought a couple of them several years ago. Not a disappointment. I love those bins.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Dammit! Now I'm just back to trying my best to track down some more of the things. Everywhere is sold out now!