clear urine, normal?!

grumpytort

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol, England
my horsfield tort secreted clear urine today, along with the normal white urates. Is this normal? He may have been doing it for a while but I haven’t realised because he normal does his business whilst soaking so can only see the white urates. He wees and poops everyday now so I wasn’t worried before this morning.

Thank you [emoji4]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Clear urine is urine and perfectly normal. Sometimes it becomes discoloured by diet; dandelions turn it pink for example.

Urate is not urine. It is how your tort rids itself of excess proteins in the diet. It doesn't necessarily happen every day and the quantity can vary. What's important is that it isn't gritty; it should be smooth. Gritty urate is an indicator of dehydration.

grumpytort

Bristol, England
Clear urine is urine and perfectly normal. Sometimes it becomes discoloured by diet; dandelions turn it pink for example.

Urate is not urine. It is how your tort rids itself of excess proteins in the diet. It doesn't necessarily happen every day and the quantity can vary. What's important is that it isn't gritty; it should be smooth. Gritty urate is an indicator of dehydration.

Thank you :) It’s not gritty, almost egg white consistency.