coco coir....please help...now...please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
How do youse' keep coco coir out of your water is this the one that gets in waterbowls....badly...i was thinking coco coir, bark on top then dry leaves??/ what y'all think?
thankyou?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I had the same problem with coco coir. I think terryO put's moss around the water bowl.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
you can try putting different things (not the coir) around the bowl...people here have tried large (too big to swallow) pebbles, pieces of bark, slate, moss...

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I really did not like coir for my guys, so I solved this by going to cypress.

Calamala

5 Year Member
I just started using the coco coir, and I don't like it either. I think this weekend I am going to switch to something else. It seems like I am forever pulling it off of My Mr., and I am concerned that he might be eating it.

M

Maggie Cummings

I agree with Mark so I use cypress mulch or fine grade orchid bark...you can also use sterilized top soil

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You could put some flat slate around the dish, or moss. I got some slate and hit it with a hammer to make smaller pieces that would fit around the dish for one of my viv's. Frog moss or terrarium moss is good too. You could mix the coir with soil and them put some plants (right in their little pots) in to substrate, and you could add some crepping jenny for ground cover, flat stones, ....you know make it interesting and after a while the creeping jenny or ground cover takes over and then you won't have a mess any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.