Coconut coir

LittleLove

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Good morning,
A couple of members said that soil isn't the best for my baby Fred. Well I agree I'm tired of the my poor little critter getting all full of the dirt. So I was just wondering if this is OK for him?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902-051721.png
    Screenshot_20240902-051721.png
    608 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
It looks okay, just "more fibrous" claim concerns me. You don't want lots of long coco fiber strands in the substrate.

As a side note: coco coir is still a lot of mess, very much like soil. So if tort loves to burrow expect it to be covered with coco coir too.

LittleLove

Arizona
It looks okay, just "more fibrous" claim concerns me. You don't want lots of long coco fiber strands in the substrate.

As a side note: coco coir is still a lot of mess, very much like soil. So if tort loves to burrow expect it to be covered with coco coir too.
Thank You

LittleLove

Arizona
Thank you Alex and the Redfoot.
I am going to attach one more pic. Is this better. I don't mind him getting dirty but when the soil was dry he would put his head down and try to eat it. So I got worried and that why I need to change it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902-053947.png
    Screenshot_20240902-053947.png
    393.9 KB · Views: 1

LittleLove

Arizona
I am going to attach one more pic. Is this better. I don't mind him getting dirty but when the soil was dry he would put his head down and try to eat it. So I got worried and that why I need to change

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902-054945.png
    Screenshot_20240902-054945.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 1

LittleLove

Arizona
I am going to attach one more pic. Is this better. I don't mind him getting dirty but when the soil was dry he would put his head down and try to eat it. So I got worried and that why I need to change it
Should I also use this stuff
I know you probably have all of this down and I have read some but I'm not good at that kind of stuff I procrastinate. And I need to show pictures to make sure

LittleLove

Arizona
Should I also use this stuff
I know you probably have all of this down and I have read some but I'm not good at that kind of stuff I procrastinate. And I need to show pictures to make sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902-055339.png
    Screenshot_20240902-055339.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Unfortunately, I can't tell if this one is better. I knoe that people get really large bricks from local plant nurseries/garden centers and it's okay. So, likely, you can order any kind of coir bricks.

Don't get coco chips. They are hard to walk on. Just soil-like coco coir (aka coco peat).

LittleLove

Arizona
Unfortunately, I can't tell if this one is better. I knoe that people get really large bricks from local plant nurseries/garden centers and it's okay. So, likely, you can order any kind of coir bricks.

Don't get coco chips. They are hard to walk on. Just soil-like coco coir (aka coco peat)I will