Coming out of brumation

jasmin1

Location (City and/or State)
France
Hi
Ok Jasmin will be coming out of brumation in the next couple of weeks.
She's been in the fridge for 13 weeks to date and I'm not sure I want to go past the 15/16 week mark.
All seems to be ok weight wise which is why I'm leaving it another couple of weeks.
So.. a couple of questions as I'm a first timer!
1.. what is an ok night time room temp... (she has her basking lamp for the daytime ) she's used to being outside, so used to a temp drop but I'm wondering about a small room heater until the weather improves.
2... for inside and out, is any shop bought orchid bark ok....or should I stick to the reptibark?
Or what about garden pine bark?( have a feeling that the garden pine bark may not have had the resin extracted though. So probably a no for that one. )

All advice welcomed

Many thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi
Ok Jasmin will be coming out of brumation in the next couple of weeks.
She's been in the fridge for 13 weeks to date and I'm not sure I want to go past the 15/16 week mark.
All seems to be ok weight wise which is why I'm leaving it another couple of weeks.
So.. a couple of questions as I'm a first timer!
1.. what is an ok night time room temp... (she has her basking lamp for the daytime ) she's used to being outside, so used to a temp drop but I'm wondering about a small room heater until the weather improves.
2... for inside and out, is any shop bought orchid bark ok....or should I stick to the reptibark?
Or what about garden pine bark?( have a feeling that the garden pine bark may not have had the resin extracted though. So probably a no for that one. )

All advice welcomed

Many thanks
What species is Jasmin? What size? Age?

1. For most Testudo in most cases, they are fine going down to 10C at night as long as they can warm up each day. I prefer to keep babies and smaller ones no lower than 16-18C at night.

2. Orchid bark is fir bark. Any plain fir bark should be fine. I wouldn't use pine bark.

A temperature controlled outdoor night house is the solution for the problem you are encountering. It doesn't matter what the weather does when you can control the heating and lighting as needed. Its in here:

jasmin1

France
What species is Jasmin? What size? Age?

1. For most Testudo in most cases, they are fine going down to 10C at night as long as they can warm up each day. I prefer to keep babies and smaller ones no lower than 16-18C at night.

2. Orchid bark is fir bark. Any plain fir bark should be fine. I wouldn't use pine bark.

A temperature controlled outdoor night house is the solution for the problem you are encountering. It doesn't matter what the weather does when you can control the heating and lighting as needed. Its in here:
Hi
Thanks
Jasmin is a full sized, female, robust seasoned old spur thighed.

Reactions: Tom