Coolest road rescue of the year

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No kidding, I was just in Muskegon for my youngest brother's wedding in April. I'm in Allendale in between Grand Haven and Grand Rapids. Agree, dead snappers were most likely caused by an A-hole behind the wheel.
That's too funny. Most MI members are from the other side it seems. I know right where Allendale is of course. Lived in Muskegon my whole life until the age of 31 then moved to Chicago.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
That's too funny. Most MI members are from the other side it seems. I know right where Allendale is of course. Lived in Muskegon my whole life until the age of 31 then moved to Chicago.
Its a small world, to cool.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I was up in Michigan about a week ago. I too rescued a beautiful Box off the road. I think between the still cold nights up there and that they are finally making a good come back, they are seen more.
I also seen about 7-10 water turtles sunning themselves along the edge of the road. I left them as they were off the road and basking on the warmer dirt/stones.
Also seen about 4 snappers that some Ahole's ran over.
Shame. Wish people would pay attention to the little critters on the roads. Well at least some of us do, so that is at least something.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm originally from Michigan, west side, Muskegon. My family is still there, but up further north by Big Rapids. I go back about once a month.
The smashed snappers are so obvious that they were purposely ran over, it makes me sick. In fact a lot of road kill this spring, more then normal it seems.
I am from the Ludington Michigan area. Just sold my house up there. No more snow birding for me. Be there in Aug for some salmon fishing on lake michigan.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am from the Ludington Michigan area. Just sold my house up there. No more snow birding for me. Be there in Aug for some salmon fishing on lake michigan.
Know Ludington well. Used to camp the state park every year as a kid. Have you ever salmon fished in the state park? There's a river that towards the entrance that gets crazy with salmon. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Know Ludington well. Used to camp the state park every year as a kid. Have you ever salmon fished in the state park? There's a river that towards the entrance that gets crazy with salmon. Check it out if you haven't yet.
Oh yeah thats the Big Sable river would check them out every fall season. I don't fish for them in the river the meat is not as firm because they are going to spawn and die. I stay out in the lake too catch the younger fish in the fall