Could u believe it??

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
The Asian tortoise trade is very different from the US, Canadian and European trades. They are much more readily available due to less enforced restrictions, and some species are frequently found in markets as food in parts of The Far East. In Europe, it would be about £3-4000. Super high yellow radiata are available in Germany sometimes,

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know, huh? It always makes me feel a little jealous when I see a new member from the east who has those hard-to-get type tortoises and they're a new keeper.

glaerey

5 Year Member
yeah i agree, these super hi yellows would normally fetch a 5 figures or more. 12000rmb is a price that needs no consideration.

glaerey

5 Year Member
man these amazing creatures are so easily available in Asia like in Thailand but NOT A SINGLE one available in India... it's really sad :(
guess there is no market for these high end stuff in india.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Those high yellows are very pricey in my country. Well, it seems we can get many species from all around the world, but the price is still much higher than market price abroad.

mitchellr

5 Year Member
On the upside western countries have selective breeding so they have lots of stunning patterned radiateds. Asian countries will just have to depend on the luck of availability in the market. Well it's way easier to keep exotic species here in indo yet I often feel angered when I see beautiful animals fallen to the hands of inexperienced keepers who treat exotic pets as accessories.

zhengzhu0209

5 Year Member
I happen to see an adult grown from a similar one like this.
Still very impressive, but not like the juvenile. More black will appear as it grows.